Dataworks is committed to protecting the personal information entrusted to it. Dataworks has a strong commitment to maintaining the security and integrity of personal information within our care. We endorse the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 and support the role that the Australian Privacy Commissioner within the Australian Human Rights Commission plays.
- give individuals a better and more complete understanding of the sort of personal information that Dataworks holds, and the way we handle that information
- clearly communicate the personal information handling practices of Dataworks, and
- enhance the transparency of Dataworks’ operations.
Queries Complaints Access and Correction
You have a right to request access to your personal information held by us and to request its correction. If you wish do to do so please use the contact details below.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please provide your complaint in writing to our one of the addresses below. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter.
If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you are entitled under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Australian Privacy Commissioner within the Australian Human Rights Commission.
Queries, complaints, requests for access to or correction of personal information can be sent to email@example.com
Or by mail or phone to
P.O. Box 4240
Burwood East, VIC 3151
Phone: 03 9764 8344
Dataworks respects the rights of individuals to determine to whom they give their personal information and how their information is used. Our customer’s privacy is very important to us and we will value the trust you place in us in giving us your personal information. We take this responsibility seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your information and using it for the purposes for which you have entrusted it to us.
What Information we collect
We collect a range of information from our customers that is directly related to the products and services you choose. Where we wish to use the information for other purposes we will seek your agreement beforehand. The kind of personal information we collect can include: name, contact details and location.
How We Collect Information
As much as possible we collect information directly from our customers. We do this in a number of ways, including when you:
- provide us with personal information over the phone or through personal mobile computing devices, like smart phones and tablets;
- fill out application forms; or
- submit your personal details through our website.
Using Personal Information
We use personal information in the following ways:
- Provide, deliver, source, administer, improve and personalise our products and services;
- Process payments and provide refunds and discounts;
- Communicating with our customers
- Maintaining and keeping our customers information current and as accurate as possible;
We do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or you have given us your consent to do so. Third parties we may disclose personal information to include:
- Our related companies
- Our service providers including IT service providers, major delivery companies, mail houses and third party fulfilment contractors
- Our professional advisors including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Payment system operators and financial institutions; and
- Government agencies.
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access or use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
When you interact with us on the internet, our system automatically sends you a ‘cookie’. A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer, electronic tablet or smart phone that enables your device to be recognised. It is used to handle your internet sessions on that device and contains a unique identifier.
Other information stored by the cookie includes website traffic data. This data is not used to identify individual details.
We will never knowingly send you electronic messages without your consent. For more information on the Spam Act 2003, please visit https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2016C00614
Dataworks collects information from its suppliers in relation to sourcing and purchase of its products and provision of services to Dataworks or its customers. This information is collected for business related purposes but does contain some limited personal information related to the name and contact details of the people that it deals with at its suppliers and service providers. The information will usually be collected directly from the supplier but may also be provided by third party sourcing agencies or business contacts.
The information is used for activities such as
- Sourcing and acquiring products for Dataworks Australia;
- Communicating with Suppliers;
- Investigation of complaints;
- Maintaining and keeping our suppliers’ information current and as accurate as possible.